Our goal at Acacia Dermacare is to gather some of the most effective, safe, affordable products from around the world to assist you in obtaining the best results. Here are some of the gems we have discovered in the past year.
Lotion Supreme (Moisturizer - $35.00 for 250 mls)
Enteric Coated Omega 3 ($20.00 for 90 x 1000 gm)
Copper Peptide Serum ($20.00 for 15 mls)
Advanced Vitamin Skin Therapy (AVST#1-4; $80.00-$96.00 for 50 mls)
Zap&Hide Blemish Concealer ($30.00 for 1 oz)
EltaMD Sunscreen ($60.00 for 85 gm)
Cold Sore Zapper ($189.00)
1. Lotion Supreme #2 contains R(+) Alpha Lipoic Acid, Vitamin C. Ester, CoQ10, Hyaluronic Acid, NaPCA
One of my patients recently introduced me to this “find of the year”. She told me it was the best moisturizer she had ever used. She is in her 50’s and had tried a few in her life-time. This prompted me to try it myself. Amazingly, the eczema I had struggled with for 2 years resolved in 2 weeks. It has even helped reduce symptoms in psoriasis patients. This product has solved the problem of overcoming any flaking that cosmetic rolling may cause because it is effective…and safe to use after rolling.
2. Fishol 1000 mg enteric coated capsules. Omega 3 plays a crucial role in skin health and the majority of us have a deficiency. We either don’t get enough in our diet, or we don’t absorb it properly. Normal cell membrane function requires this building block. You can apply the best cream in the world, but if the membranes malfunction, nothing is absorbed. I am able to visualize the quality and measure the quantity of oil in the skin and could do very little to change the readings until recently. I have discovered that 20% of omega 3 is destroyed by the acid in the stomach and this can be overcome by taking an enteric coated omega. The enteric coating of soft gelatin capsules prevents disintegration in the stomach. Instead, they disintegrate in the small intestine. This also reduces the fishy after-taste experienced with most regular omega supplements.
3. Copper Peptide Serum. Copper is required as a cofactor in a number of enzyme systems involved in collagen production after injury. Very few products contain copper and this is ideal to use in combination with the CR 5 roller.
4. Advanced Vitamin Skin Therapy.
Though you may already be familiar with Environ, an advanced vitamin skin therapy, we are now offering the AVST range. This range incorporates the most important vitamins, antioxidants and treatment systems aimed at preventing and counteracting the visible signs of aging.
Modern skin care’s primary aim is no longer simple feel-good applications. It aspires to protect, restore and assist the skin to mobilize its innate ability to repair and maintain itself.
No fragrance or sunscreen is included in this range and no preservatives are added during manufacture. However, some of the raw ingredients are shipped in preservatives and with the new stringent rules for reporting all ingredients in cosmetics; manufacturers are forced to list parabens because there may be traces left over from the raw materials. They are last on the list, which means that the percentage quantity is minimal.
What does this mean for you? A skin that looks more radiant, with less wrinkles, decreased pigmentation (more even skin tone) and a reduction in the size of open pores and some scarring. The ultimate solution for better skin is at hand. Ask how to maximize results by incorporating rolling into your skin care regime.
|| Blemish Concealer. Zap&Hide™ is a double-ended blemish treatment stick that will conceal while it heals and leave skin looking radiant. Zap is a clear stick containing beneficial anti-septic and anti-inflammatory botanicals, while Hide is a highly pigmented, creamy concealer to cover the blemish. Zap&Hide™ is powerful and effective, but gentle enough to be used as often as needed. Keep your skin looking fresh and clean all day long!
· Small and portable for touch–ups anytime.
· Zap&Hide™ provides protection and cover-up all in one.
· Both ends of Zap&Hide™ contain beneficial botanicals of tea tree leaf oil, an antiseptic and anti-inflammatory, and lavender oil, anti-inflammatory that soothes irritated skin.
· Unlike most camouflage concealers, Hide contains active ingredients that continue the benefits delivered by the product, and its coverage is non-occlusive.
· Algae extracts help reduce oil secretions.
· Tea tree and lavender in this formula are certified organic.
· Zap&Hide™ is available in light, medium and dark shades.
6. EltaMD™ Sunscreen. UV Physical is a new water resistant product for broad spectrum protection with a SPF 41 rating. It is paraben-free, fragrance-free and oil-free and is suitable for sensitive skin and children. It was recently rated 18th out of 476 sunscreens for safety of use by the Environmental Working Group. (Jane Iredale’s LipDrink with SPF 15 was rated 3rd out of 150 lip balms.)
7. The Cold Sore Zapper (Herpifix®) is an innovative concept to provide safe, painless, effective therapy for cold sores in the initial stages. No more waiting at the doctor's office for your expensive antiviral prescription. Compact, so that you can carry it with you at all times to start treatment when you first notice symptoms. This device uses a low-grade current to increase the acidity of skin temporarily from a pH of 5.5 to a pH of 2. This not only reduces itching, but prevents the virus from growing.
||The virus' ability to cause sores is either reduced or completely prevented, provided that treatment is started early enough.It can be used up to 3 times a day on the same area and comes with a battery that has a maximum life of 5 years.Because the mechanism of action is antibacterial as well, it is also useful for treating acne lesions in the early stages.